Spirit Airlines is American ultra low cost carrier headquartered in Florida. It is also the seventh largest commercial airline of United States. This airline flies to 77 destinations throughout the Central American Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and the United States. If you booked your tickets for travelling with the spirit airlines then you can opt from various check-in options to get your boarding pass. You can call the Spirit Airlines Reservations team to know more about your travel with the airline.
Spirit Airlines Check-in options
The passengers have to be at the airport 2 hours prior the scheduled departure of the flight.
The options for check in for any spirit airlines flight includes:
- Online Check in via any browser
- Counter check in at the airport
- Self service kiosk check in
Online check-in at the official website of the spirit airlines is free, also it is the quickest way to check-in and get your boarding passes. The airline allows you to check in online from 24 hours before the departure to an hour earlier which depends on your departure city and destination.
But there are also some instructions for those people who can’t check in online. Now here below are the passengers who can’t check in online.
- Passengers travelling with lap infant (infants below the age of 2 years).
- Passengers travelling with Military ID rather than a passport
- Passengers travelling with a group of 10 or more
- Minors without a companion
- Travelers with pets or any psychiatric serviced animals
- Those who are traveling from or to certain international destinations or those Non US citizens having departure from international locations.
- Those passengers bought an extra seat or any special items
- Or if you are unable to check-in online then you will need to check in with the ticket counter in which scenario fee will be waived.
Or you can contact the Spirit Airlines Reservations team in case of any query.
Self serve Kiosk
You can also check in via the self serve kiosks at the airport. You will also find the customer service agents at the place to get your tagged. You can check in via self service kiosk from 30 minutes to 3 hours before your departure time. Which also depends on your departure city and destination. Where fee will be applied to print your boarding passes.
If you want to check in via counters then you can also take the assistance of the airlines representative at the airport which may take more time than any other mode of check in. There is also a $10 charge which is applied to print each boarding pass at the counter.
If you are travelling internationally to and from US with Spirit Airlines then you are advised to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior the scheduled departure and in case of a US domestic flight then you should arrive 2 hours before the departure of the flight. You can contact the Spirit Airlines Reservations team to get assistance if needed.