The American Association of Travel Advisors (ASTA) River Cruise Expo is a large event.
Budapest hosted the event this year from March 15–18, and ASTA today revealed that Amsterdam will play home to the event from March 13–16, 2024.
For the time being, however, the following river cruise companies have made announcements:
- Amadeus River Cruises announced the christening of the Amadeus Riva, a new class of river cruise ship, in May 2023.
- Amawaterways announced improved group incentives as well as additional River Magdalena sailings in Columbia.
- In October 2024, Avalon Waterways will provide a special Rhine cruise from Basel to Amsterdam featuring writer Graham McTavish.
- Riverside Luxury Cruises made their brand premiere at the occasion, christening their first ship, the Riverside Mozart, and appointing ASTA Board member Tiffany Hines, president and chief executive officer of Global Escapes Inc., as the ship’s godmother.
- Scenic Luxury Tours & Cruises/Emerald Cruises unveiled features of the Scenic Eclipse II and Emerald Sakara as well as additional family-friendly river sailings for summer 2023.
- Viking announced that 200+ free trips would be given out to advisers during the event as they celebrated reaching 100 ships in their fleet.
The event, which featured a sold-out trade expo, a general session featuring celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, TV host and travel industry expert Sandra McLemore, and ASTA President and CEO Zane Kerby, attracted more than 750 travel advisers, suppliers, and cruise experts from the United States.
At www.astarivercruiseexpo.org/2024, attendees can lock in discounted rates for the next River Cruise Exhibition until April 1, 2023.
Source: Travel Pulse